Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So Long USA!

I'm trying to figure out this whole blog thing. But I'm just going to do the basics here..

So I left good old America to do a study abroad in New Zealand for about 3 months. I'll be gone January 2 through April 12. (The last six days I'll be in Australia)

Day 1
I flew out of Denver to San Francisco and got there about 1:30. I met up with the other girls to wait for our flight to New Zealand, it didn't leave until 7pm. We just hung out at the airport. I attempted to work on homework but that didn't really happen. I figured I would have a 13 hour flight to get some things done. This is the awesome plane. I think that the top story was for first class people. 
Our fancy double-decker plane! (didn't get to go on top though)

Okay, so the way the window was tinted was with little black dots so these pics took a while to get just right so it didn't look like we had polka dots everywhere. 
 
Mandy and Me

So you would think that the big poles we were lying on would be comfortable, but they were not. I moved to this little desk thing that I could be on my laptop at. 
Had a long, long, wait before they let us on the plane


They finally let us on the plane, and just in time for Margo (my new roommate) to get to the gate. Her connecting flight was late so she ran across the airport after security checkpoint with no shoes on. Oh Margo... I got on the plane and waited until the absolutely last minute to turn off my phone. The safety video that they showed was the most entertaining video. Richard Simmons was on it exercising while telling us what to do in case of an emergency. Each seat had their own screen to look at. 


















Here's the dinner they served on the plane. I loved the little glass they gave so I put my Coke in it just so I could use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment