Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beach Day!

The first Saturday here was our beach day with the whole group. And of course it was rainy and cold. The weather has been cold and rainy so much here! good thing I brought at least one hoodie, I'm freezing out here on this island! The beach we went to was Orewa. It was a pretty beach, but just not a very good day. I was super brave and actually got in the water. At first I wasn't sure why I did, but then I got to boogie board and it was a lot of fun. I got the hang of it and could ride the waves to shore :) I want to learn how to surf if I can get over the whole being deathly afraid off sharks thing.. Well it kept getting colder and didn't stop raining at the beach so we went to this water park that uses natural spring water so it's warm. That was like my heaven to be in warm water. They had water slides but it meant waiting in line in the freezing cold, so I only went down the slides once and then got back in the warm water. It was a long day. We came home and all four of us showered (I was smart enough to dibbs the shower first) and we accidentally used up all of their hot water. Now we have a shower schedule. It makes getting up in the morning a little easier when you know it's your day to shower. Oh, and my first time showering here there was a spider in the shower. First I squealed a bit, and then splashed it with water. Made it out alive.
the pink little car that I rode to the beach in

just a bit chilly!







This is the director of the program, Dr. Cutri.. haha

So, we didn't quite make it off the ground for the jumping picture

well, this was a little better

this is the natural spring water place

you could watch a movie! I think it was Hoodwinked 2



this slide was like metal and you went super fast, I liked turned sideways when I landed

No comments:

Post a Comment