Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Real Day in NZ (part 1)

Best Welcoming Committee
I finally arrived in Auckland, New Zealand at 4 in the morning on Wednesday January 4th. I didn't have a January 3rd. Traveling to New Zealand is like traveling into the future. Pretty neat.
I'm still not sure why there was a big plane hanging from the ceiling.. I never got to go upstairs...
Auckland Airport @ 5:00 am


new roommates. Mandy ~ Margo ~ Brooke
No I'm not driving here, it's kinda confusing to remember to go to the right side of the car (left)



After the airport we went to the bakery. Our host dad (Phil) loves the bakery and will use any excuse to go there (us). When he moved back to New Zealand from the states he gained about 20 pounds from going to the bakery all the time. 

These are like pies full of different kinds of meats and cheese. Pretty popular here. I ordered steak and cheese
Cookies are called biscuits here. I thought these were cute.
 
The good people of New Zealand believe in Coke




No comments:

Post a Comment