Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sometimes There Are No Words

After the temple we drove to Rotorua to stay for the rest of the weekend. We went to this dinner show Friday night at a place called Tribal Lights and I literally had no idea what was going on. I think the point was to talk about the pink and white terraces that were destroyed by a volcano/earthquake. Needless to say it was the weirdest show I've ever seen. So the cast was made up of basically three ladies and one guy (which I'm pretty sure he's a little slow and not all there). It was a community show. It started off with them singing Hello Maggie, not Dolly, they changed her name to Maggie. Then they did the version of I Will Follow Him from Sister Act, they even did some of the same dance moves. Too funny. One of the ladies was this older lady who was supposed to be the chief's wife. And she was a dirty old lady lol Any chance she had to make an inappropriate joke she took. I think she scared our director's son who is only 10. In the middle of the show he left his chair in front to go sit on his mom's lap. At one point during the show we had to get under our tables. It was to add that dramatic touch for when the volcano explosion was supposed to be happening. We were all so confused. Oh so the guy that i'm pretty sure is slow, he was playing several different characters and at one point he came out in like an old fashioned bathing suit that was skin tight and danced to the splish splash I was taking a bath song. That was a treat to watch. After his dance the next scene he had on a normal shirt but forgot to put his pants on and was in the bottom of the bathing suit outfit haha (if anyone has seen Drop Dead Gorgeous, all I could think of was the line, "The retard's pants are completely off"). Good news was that after the explosion he found his pants.
It was a dinner show, so there was food. It was much better than the show. I am just ready to be back to American food... I tried mussels. I think they have to be an acquired taste because they are just chewy and weird. But I didn't gag so that was good :) Maybe the more I try them the better they will get. But it's kinda cool to have the little shell on your plate once you're done eating it.
Overall it was an interesting night.



lovely mussel 

really chewy and weird


that's his bathing suit outfit

under the table!

no idea what's going on

No comments:

Post a Comment